Thursday, April 30, 2015

Z is for Zumba



We have finally come to the end of the A-Z challenge. I am so happy to have completed my second challenge. It feels good. However, I think it will feel even better to get back to my novel, This Story Takes Place in a Bar. I spent the past weekend in Colorado Springs at The Pikes Peak Writing conference which I left inspired and motivated and ready to finish my novel. After this final blog post, I can!
Most of my bucket list items have been in some way travel related. This makes sense of course since my passions are traveling and writing.  But aside from writing about wanting to visit Zimbabwe, which of course I do, I could not think of another travel related Z, so I choose to write about Zumba.
I’ve been doing Zumba now for at least four or five years.  I go three to six times a week depending on my schedule. A great week is when I can go six times.  I’ve even been known to go twice in one day, once in the morning and once in the evening. I simply cannot get enough of it.
I’ve entertained the idea of actually becoming a Zumba instructor.  It makes sense, I go all the time, know the dances and love it, might as well get paid to have fun, right? It’d be great to make some extra money while getting fit and having a blast.
I’ve looked into trainings. There are whole day trainings that cost about $300, after which you are certified to instruct. $300 seems like a lot. And while I like the idea of being done in a day, I am not sure how confident or comfortable I would feel teaching after just one day of training.  Of course, I suppose my years of attending classes do count for something. 

This is a bit what it is like in my head when I simultaneously try to talk myself into and out of becoming an instructor of Zumba.  For now, I will keep attending classes, cue moves in my head while I dance and work up the courage to one day be in front of the crowd shaking my thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment