Monday, April 13, 2015

K is for Kiteboarding

When I travel, I usually like to do something new adventure wise. Apparently just traveling isn’t adventurous enough for me anymore. This is how I began SCUBA diving and also how I tried cave tubing, cenote exploring, snorkeling, sunrise hiking, white water rafting, and volcano climbing among other crazy things.

The first time I saw anyone kiteboarding, I was in Belize, on Caye Caulker.  I instantly wanted to do it.  Unlike the fears we talked about in H is for Hot Air Balloon, I have no fears in the water. Most of my joy in life comes from water.  Unfortunately, there on Caulker, I did not have the money to afford the expensive lesson. I had not planned for it in my budget for that trip because I didn’t even know such a thing existed at the time.  But perhaps on my next beach adventure I’ll be flying through the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment