Wednesday, April 8, 2015

G is for Greece


I’ve traveled. A lot. I’ve been to Europe three times, yet in all those times, I never made it to Greece. I have a feeling this was, at least slightly, on purpose.  For as long as I can remember I’ve dreamed of honeymooning in Greece.  I don’t know where the idea came from, or how I picked Greece out of all the countries in the world to travel to with my new husband, but it is for this reason that I think I have been ‘saving’ Greece.
It’s not as romantic as, say, Paris, but I think it is much more my style. I’m in love with the Mediterranean sea, the deep blues and greens of the water. I imagine lazy days on the beach and other days diving to see what there is to see underwater.   The architecture makes me think of fairy tales.  I cannot wait to roam the intricate streets to seemingly nowhere.  And don’t get me started on the food. My mouth waters just thinking about all the dolmades, saganaki, and mousaka I will eat while there.

Now I just need to work on the husband bit (perhaps that’s tomorrow’s ‘H’.)

No comments:

Post a Comment