Friday, April 3, 2015

C is for Catch a Flight to Anywhere

 Catching a flight to anywhere is something a friend brought up as something on his bucket list. At the time, I thought he was crazy.  I like to plan my trips. In fact, I think the planning and anticipation beforehand is a big part of the fun of any trip.  I want to pack appropriately and know what route I’ll take and places I’ll see.
I’m not exactly spontaneous. Though it’s something I’ve been working on (which I suppose kind of defeats the purpose.) I do, however, like surprises, so I guess it is this side of me who would be open to showing up at an airport and taking the next flight available, wherever it is it may go.
When my family and I lived in Hawaii, we took a few MAC (military airlift command) flights. I remember my mother packed two suitcases for us. One was for warmer climates, if we should find out we would be flying to Australia, and one was for colder climates, should we be going to Japan.  As a child, this didn’t seem strange to me, but rather, exciting and adventurous.

I envision it like that. Driving to the airport with the entire globe a possibility.  Going to the counter and buying the next flight out of town. Waiting in the terminal wondering what the destination has in store for me. Discovering the world on a whim. 

No comments:

Post a Comment